Quinoa Crunch Salad! Crunchy rainbow veggies, juicy fresh mango, fluffy quinoa, chili lime cashews, and some creamy peanut dressing.
- 2-3 cups shelled edamame
- 2 cups Simply Nature Organic Quinoa
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1-2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- half a head of purple cabbage, shredded
- sliced almonds, peanuts, cashews, etc. (I used the addicting Southern Grove Chili Lime Cashews from ALDI)
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons chili paste like sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- Cooked stuff: Cook the quinoa and edamame according to package directions.
- Veggies: Chop everything up. It will take a little while. Put on some good music and light a candle and a glass of wine wouldn’t hurt.
- Dressing: Give it all a whirl in the food processor or blender.
- Serve: Assemble individual salads, or toss it all together.
If You Want To Be Extra: This is really good with a handful of dried fruit thrown in the mix. Dried mango, golden raisins, dried cherries… all good choices.
Storage: I stored all the veggies together in one container, but I kept the quinoa and the dressing separate. It should last you for the week!
Dressing: If you find yourself with extra dressing (I never do, but I’m a dressing hog), you can also freeze it for another time!
Amounts: If you want to be very methodical about it and make sure you get your 6 servings balanced out, you’ll use about 3/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup dressing and 1+ cup veggies per salad.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
50330.7 g475.8 mg24.5 g60.7 g16.8 g0 mg