Breakfast Sandwiches – meal prep style! Bake up your eggs on a sheet pan with bacon and spinach, tuck them into english muffin with some cheese, and stash them in the freezer for the week. SO GOOD.
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 slices bacon
- a few handfuls of spinach
- 12 English muffins
- Cheese (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Generously oil a rimmed half sheet pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and salt.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. Fry in a heavy skillet until crispy. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Using tongs, let excess fat drip off for a few seconds before adding your bacon and spinach to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the oiled half sheet pan (13″ x 18″). Bake for 15 minutes, until just set.
- Remove, cool, and cut into rounds using a wide mason jar lid or round cookie cutter. Spread English muffins with butter (optional) and place an egg round on each one. Add cheese, wrap in foil, and voila.
- Refrigerate (5 days) or freeze (no limit, lol). To reheat, you can use the oven, microwave, toaster oven, or some combination of all! See notes.
Pans: I use this pan. I find that a nonstick surface works best! But it can work with any rimmed sheet pan as long as you oil it really well.
Reheating: You can use a toaster oven, regular oven, toaster, or microwave. You can put the sandwiches open face or leave them wrapped in foil. My preferred method is wrapped in foil in the oven. I set the oven to 425 and toss that breakfast sandwich right on in. I bake it for 8-10 minutes if the oven is already hot, but if not, I will just put it in while it’s preheating and leave it in a little longer – about 10-15 minutes. Then I unwrap it, squeeze some Sriracha or spread a little avocado on there, and good to go!
Cheese: I used a cheddar-gruyere blend I got at Trader Joe’s and it was LIFE.
Egg Thickness: If you want a thicker egg layer, you can bake this in a quarter sheet pan – just bake for a bit longer (20-30 minutes) to make sure it’s done.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American