These Chicken Tinga Bowls are the BEST! Made in just 15 minutes, all on a sheet pan. My favorite kind of meal prep!
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (I used one of each color)
- 1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half of an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 14-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chicken and Peppers: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Arrange chicken and peppers on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sauce: While the chicken and peppers bake, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion, garlic, chipotles, and spices. Saute for about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Finish: Remove sheet pan from the oven. Shred chicken. Toss with the sauce (some, most, all… up to you). Serve chicken and peppers with quinoa, rice, cauliflower rice, beans, tortillas, greens, or just on its own!
If you combine this with other ingredients like black beans and quinoa, you will easily be able to get 4 servings out of it! If you are serving it alone, or with fewer ingredients, you will probably get closer to 3 servings.
You will probably have a little extra sauce, which is reason to party. This sauce freezes super well! Save it for later, or add a little extra to your bowls when you reheat them for lunch.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired