Cheezy Garlic Croutons! Crunchy on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside, generously saturated with a cheezy coating, customizably garlicky, and extremely addicting.
- 1 baguette, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the oil, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Toss with the bread (I prefer to use my hands to really get all the bread coated).
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. And now attempt not to eat them all hot off the pan. I dare you.
You can use more or less of any of these ingredients. As written, these croutons will get a lot of cheezy coating – which is what I like!
Don’t use sandwich bread here. You want a bread that has a nice crispy exterior.
- Category: Topping
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American