Korean BBQ Style Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps! Crispy roasted cauliflower tossed in a sweet and sticky Korean BBQ sauce, all topped with chives, peanuts, and spicy mayo. YUM.
Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps:
- 6–8 cups small cauliflower florets (1 large or 2 small heads)
- olive oil
- butter lettuce cups
- crushed peanuts
- minced chives
- spicy mayo (see notes)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or a spicy chile paste, or sriracha – use less for a milder sauce)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Roast the cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Blend everything in a food processor or blender until smooth. Simmer in a saucepan over low heat until it thickens slightly.
- Cauli meets sauce: Pour sauce directly onto the roasting pan – just enough to get the cauliflower nice and saucy. Toss gently to combine.
- Make it pretty: Arrange the sauced up cauliflower in lettuce cups. Top with extra sauce, crushed peanuts, chives, and a drizzle of spicy mayo. Mwah!
Spicy mayo: mix about 1/4 cup mayo with a squirt of sriracha! Thin it out as necessary, and adjust to taste. That’s it.
For the sauce: you can also just mince and whisk everything by hand, but I find it easier to use the food processor!
This is great with additional protein if you want to make it more substantial. I like it with ground chicken, turkey, or tofu.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Korean-Inspired