The BEST healthy zucchini muffins – made with all the yummy feel-good ingredients: oats, zucchini, dates, maple syrup, and olive oil. Just blitz up in a blender and pour! YUM.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1–2 zucchini, grated (about 2 cups total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt and/or cinnamon (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until a chunky batter comes together.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops gently spring back when you press into them.
- Sprinkle warm muffins with sea salt if you’re into that kinda thing. Serve warm or cold ALL DAY LONG. ♡
I recommend reserving a little bit of the grated zucchini, blend everything, and then add the last bit of zucchini so it doesn’t all get too pureed.
Chocolate chips contain refined sugar, which maybe isn’t a big deal if you have, like, 7 of them on top of the muffin. But if you are trying to keep these COMPLETELY refined sugar free, be sure to skip the chocolate chips on top and opt for cacao nibs, toasted coconut, or chopped nuts instead.