These Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are SO GOOD. Roasted peppers and onions, steak-like portobello mushrooms, some mashed avocado, and waterfall of spicy cashew queso.
Sheet Pan Fajitas:
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cut intro strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a sprinkle of salt
- tortillas, avocado, etc. for serving
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 chipotle pepper (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more if your cashews are unsalted)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peppers and Mushrooms: Arrange one baking sheet with the peppers and onions, and one with the mushrooms. Drizzle with oil and toss with the spices and salt. Bake for 20-ish minutes until nice and roasty.
- Chipotle Queso: Blend up all the ingredients until very, very smooth. Taste and adjust and try not to eat the whole thing.
- All Together Now: Serve the peppers, onions, and mushrooms in tortillas with avocado and a big ol’ spoonful of chipotle queso! SO GOOD!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
You may find that the peppers may take a few minutes longer than the mushrooms. I usually shuffle the baking sheets around depending on which needs more heat or more time in the oven – that’s why I recommend two separate baking sheets. This also works great as a rice or quinoa bowl! Just skip the tortilla and serve in a bowl. I have pretty good nonstick baking sheets so I usually don’t line them with anything. If you are worried about sticking, just line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan