- 1 lb. hashbrown potatoes
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, Southwestern spices, or Cajun spices
- salt to taste
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 7 oz. shredded V&V Supremo® Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla Cheese (love this for smooth and creamy melting!)
- 5 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Hashbrowns: Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, wide skillet. Working in batches, add hashbrown potatoes in a thin layer, dust with some spices, and press them gently with a spatula. Cook until golden brown and crispy. Flip and repeat. Remove in chunks with a spatula and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
- Sausage and Eggs: Brown the sausage in a large nonstick skillet. When the sausage is cooked, drain off excess oil. Turn the heat down. Add the eggs to the hot pan with the sausage and gently stir around with a spatula until just barely set.
- Tortilla Pieces: Lay a large tortilla on a flat surface. Cut into fourths (you’ll use these as a filler piece).
- Crunchwrap Time: Layer hashbrowns, sausage and egg mixture, and your V&V Supremo® Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla Cheese. Place a filler piece of tortilla over the top and fold the edges of the tortilla inwards, one section at a time. It will kind of make a star shape (watch the video for a demo). Place in a hot oiled skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the exterior is firm, crunchy, and golden brown. Cut and serve!
You can make these ahead and freeze them! Your future self will thank you. When you’re ready to eat them, thaw them out, pan-fry, and voila. Easy brunching on the weekend!