Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad! A sheet-pan meal prep salad packed with roasted sweet potatoes, caramelizy onions, crisped chickpeas, fresh rosemary, and toasty maple walnuts.
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- a sprig of rosemary or thyme
- a pinch of salt
- a swizzle of olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- cooked quinoa (for serving, optional)
- baby kale (for serving, optional)
- dressing of choice (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a large sheet pan with the shallots and herbs. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to the pan. Stir it all up. Roast for another 20 minutes.
- Toss walnuts with maple syrup and a little more salt. Add mapley walnuts to the pan. Stir it up. Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the stems of the herbs. Serve roasted mixture with cooked quinoa, baby kale, and dressing of choice. Healthy and delicious!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American