- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 can Dakota’s Pride Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- a drizzle of oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 4–5 cups Simply Nature Organic Chopped Kale
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Pepitas
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cherries
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
VERY IMPORTANT: Click here to get ALL of these ingredients delivered via Instacart! And if this is your first time, don’t forget to use the ALDIPOY code for $10 off your order of $35 or more.
- Roast: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place squash and chickpeas on a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt. Place garlic cloves in the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle with oil and fold it up into a little packet. Place the packet on the sheet pan. Roast everything for 30-40 minutes.
- Dressing: Whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sugar together. When the sheet pan comes out of the oven, mash up the roasted garlic and add it to the dressing.
- Kale: In a large bowl, drizzle the kale with a little bit of dressing (hello, flavor!). Massage it – as in, just, like, squeeze it – until it’s deep green and the texture has relaxed a little bit. This just makes it more tender and pleasant to eat.
- Salad: Place kale in a large salad bowl. Top with squash and chickpeas. Arrange little fanned-out apple slices on the salad (pretty!). Dot the whole thing with pepitas and dried cherries, and finish with the rest of the dressing. Serve warm or cold! IT’S A BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE.
Make ahead: You could definitely roast the squash, garlic, and chickpeas a day in advance. That being said, the texture of the roasted chickpeas will change from crispy to… less crispy after they’ve been roasted and cooled. I don’t think they taste bad that way! Just different.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American