The BEST Winter Grain Bowl! Roasted root vegetables, earthy grains, dried fruit, dark leafy greens, buttery goat cheese, and lusciously creamy balsamic dressing.
- 3 large golden or red beets, cubed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- olive oil and salt for roasting
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 8–10 cups of shredded kale
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional but deliciously creamy)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Roasted Vegetables: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss beets and sweet potatoes in with a little bit of olive oil and salt. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheets. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Wild Rice: Cook wild rice according the package directions.
- Dressing: In a blender or food processor, blend dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Mix: In a large bowl, combine beets, sweet potatoes, wild rice, and dried cherries. Toss with a little bit of dressing. (This can be done ahead of time and kept in the fridge for several days.)
- Assemble: To serve, scoop the pre-made wild rice salad onto a pile of kale. Top with goat cheese, pistachios, and extra dressing. It’s like a delicious spa for your winter body.
For meal prepping: store sweet potatoes, beets, and wild rice together. Combine with kale, goat cheese, and pistachios, and dressing before eating.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grain bowl, grain salad, wild rice salad, sweet potato salad, roasted beets, goat cheese