Cashew Golden Milk Latte! Packed with turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, honey, and a TON of good-for-the-body benefits. Just blend and pour!
- 1 cup cashews (roasted or raw, unsoaked – straight out of the package)
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 2-inch knob fresh peeled ginger, or 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- generous pinch of salt
- Blend the cashews and the water in a high-powered blender until very smooth (at least 1-2 minutes).
- Blend in the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey, and salt. Taste and adjust.
- Serve warm or cold! Voila! So luscious, creamy, and delicious.
The golden milk lattes will separate – that is to be expected – so just keep em in jars with lids so you can give it a good shake up before drinking. These keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
Single Serving Version: Blend up the following – 1.5 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, small slice of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon honey, tiny pinch of salt, 1/4 cup cashews.
Personally I prefer these cold, straight out of the fridge! When you heat this mixture, it will thicken. So if you want it hot, my recommendation would be to just make it single-serving and use with hot water (kind of like the cashew coffee) so you don’t have to do any reheating.
Many blenders don’t have the capacity for 6 cups of liquid, so usually I blend everything up with half of the water and then just do a quick blitz with the remaining water once everything is well-combined. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, I recommend running the liquid through a nut milk bag or similar to filter out any chunks that get left behind.
Naturally there will be some “grit” in the bottom of the mug or glass. No big deal. It’s just cinnamon and ginger remnants. 🙂
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Indian-Inspired
Keywords: golden milk, cashew milk, golden milk latte, golden latte, turmeric latte