Chipotle Quinoa Burgers – veggie burgers you’ll want to make again and again! Filling but not too dense, crispy but not crumbly, and with all the smokiness and yumminess with none of the meat.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–2 chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Quinoa: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Mix: Place black beans, quinoa, chipotles, and spices, in a food processor. Pulse just a few times, enough to make the mixture sticky and well-mixed but not completely pureed. Ideally there will be some chunks of black beans still intact.
- Add egg and panko: Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using a spoon or your hands, mix with egg and panko. Form into 4 thick burgers.
- Fry burgers: Heat a generous swish of olive oil over medium high heat (nonstick pan works best here). Add burgers to the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side, flipping carefully to keep them intact, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve: Serve on buns with spicy mayo, avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, whatever suits your fancy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa burgers, chipotle burgers, vegetarian burgers, healthy burger