This is an easy, classic, super moist pumpkin bread recipe made with olive oil, pumpkin, and cinnamon, and topped with crunchy turbinado sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pie filling – just regular pumpkin purée)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the eggs, oils, and sugar together until smooth. Add the pumpkin, milk, and water – whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Transfer batter to two 9x5inch loaf pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar, and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes to set the sugar. The bread should be golden brown and firm to the touch when done, and a toothpick inserted should come out clean. When in doubt, I’d say err on the side of underbaking since it yields a most moist bread. The longer it bakes the more possibility you have that the bread will dry out.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Store in the refrigerator.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Nutrition facts are for 1 slice out of a total 24 slices between the two loaves.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, moist pumpkin bread, easy pumpkin bread